Data privacy is of the highest importance for Not That Boring, its subsidiaries and stores (hereafter called “we” or “Not That Boring”). We want to be open and transparent with our processing of your personal information. This policy describes the type of information we collect, how we process and protect it and who to contact if you have any questions or comments.
Contact information regarding data protection
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Not That Boring and your store should be regarded as independent data controllers responsible for the information recorded about you as a customer, visitors to this website etc.
Contact information is available at:
Not That Boring
Processing of customer data
When you engage with Not That Boring, its subsidiaries and stores via various channels, including our websites, apps, physical stores and customer service/support, we collect and process your personal information.
The information we collect and use includes:
- Contact details, such as name, e-mail address, address and telephone number
- Traffic data about your use of the website and Internet
- Information about interests and habits
- Purchasing history
- Transaction data
- Information used in relation to customer service and support
- Pictures used on social media (on request only)
- IP address
- When you receive a quotation, order and complete a purchase
- When you register to receive our newsletter and other marketing materials and activities
- When you set up a user account at Not That Boring
- When you communicate with us (in relation to customer service, support, complaints etc.)
- When you order a catalogue
- When you provide acceptance to share your picture
- Processing your purchase and providing our/your service
- Managing customer affairs
- Dispatching newsletters or other marketing material and activities
- Creating and managing your user account at Not That Boring
- Replying to your enquiries
- Statistics and analysis used for purposes related to product development, business optimization and reporting
The legitimate basis for our processing of your personal information related to your purchase, providing customer service and support, and managing customer affairs is to honor agreements concluded between you and Not That Boring. Additionally, we process your personal information on the basis of your consent when you register to receive a newsletter and other marketing materials and activities Finally, we process your personal information for statistical and analytical purposes on the basis of our legitimate interest related to product development, business optimization and reporting.
Who we share personal information with:
Your information might be shared with data processors on the basis of our data processing agreement including:
- Hosting partners
- Transportation operators
- Payment service providers
- Business partners in connection with the administration of customer affairs and marketing
Under certain circumstances and in accordance with legislation, it may be necessary to disclose information to public authorities, including judicial authorities. For instance, information can be passed on to the police in the event of suspected fraud.
Revocation of consent/Withdrawal
You can revoke any consent you may have granted at any time in relation to newsletters, and close your user account at Not That Boring We will then delete your personal information unless we can continue processing it on a different basis. If you wish to revoke your consent in relation to newsletters or other marketing material and activities, please use the unsubscribe link in the button of the newsletters. To close your user account at Not That Boring, contact us on email@example.com.We will delete your personal information when no longer needed
We delete your personal information when it is no longer needed for the purpose that provided our reasoning for collecting, processing and storing your data.
Not That Boring stores personal information related to your purchase, providing customer service and support, and managing customer affairs safely in the period required by applicable local legislation. The storage takes place for five years from the end of the financial year to which such information relates after which time the information is deleted, unless regulated differently by local legislation. The storage of your data occurs to ensure proper handling of recurring customer relationships, potential complaints and warranty commitments, and to meet our obligations.
Not That Boring stores personal information related to newsletters, other marketing activities and your Not That Boring account until you revoke your consent or delete your account.
Cookies, purpose and relevance
If we put cookies in place, you will be told about their use and the point of collecting data through cookies.
In accordance with legislation, you hold a number of rights in regards to our collection of your personal information:
- Right to access
- Right to portability
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Your right to object to processing based on legitimate interest
- Your right to object to direct marketing
- Right to restriction
You can at any time address your local supervisory authority if you are dissatisfied with the way your personal information has been treated.
For questions and queries with regards to your rights, please contact our customer support by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you wish to carry out your rights, please be specific in your wishes and note the Not That Boring store(s) you have been in contact with. Please be advised that we will contact the store(s) in order for us to provide you with the optimal service and safeguard that your rights are treated properly in both Not That Boring and in the relevant store(s).
When you request to get access to your personal information, request to have information amended or deleted, or if you wish to take exception to our policies, we will investigate whether it is possible to fulfil your request. We will aim to respond as fast as possible and will get back to you within one month.